WELCOME TO ADC ELECTRICAL
ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
REPAIR & REWIND
The company was founded in 1974 in premises in Riverside Road, Southwick, Sunderland. Early in 1994, we moved to our present premises which are purpose-built and is of some 14,000 sq ft in floor area.
Our base is a 2.5-acre site in Washington, Tyne and Wear, servicing the entire UK.
Initially, the company was formed to provide a repair/rewind service of industrial electric motors to the shipbuilding repair and engineering businesses in the North East. It quickly extended the base so as to provide a similar service to all types of industry.
The core business was extended to include the supply of new electric motors and the manufacture of air-cooled transformers and iron and air chokes.
BAKER SURGE COMPARISON TESTING
All motor windings are Baker Surge Comparison Tested on intake to our factory to determine the winding and insulation quality. They are also subjected to this procedure during final testing prior to despatch.
Our separate mechanical engineering shop, stripping bay & rewind shop means no cross-contamination between clean & dirty procedures to ensure that work can be carried out in the cleanest possible environment meaning the best possible quality repairs for our customers.
Other facilities include:
- 5 Ton overhead crane.
- Dynamic balancing facility.
- Rotating equipment service, repair & rewind facilities VPI varnish facilities.
- Transformer & specialist stator manufacturing capabilities. Motor test facilities including baker surge & Kikusui testing. Castech specialist jointing equipment.
- Stock of AC motors & spare parts.
- On site machine shop, welding, fabrication & press facilities.
All the above is carried out at our Washington facility.